GTNT are now recruiting for the Prelude to the Future - Diesel Fitter and Electrical Fitter Program! This is a dual apprenticeship opportunity that will lead to a career in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Prelude to the Future Diesel Fitter & Electrical Fitter Program is a collaboration between GTNT as the employer, Shell Australia and the Northern Territory Government Department of Trade, Business & Innovation, whom are the funding partners and Charles Darwin University as the Registered Training Organisation.
The program is an innovative dual apprenticeship to provide local Territories with the opportunity to obtain two nationally recognised qualification in AUR31516 Certificate III in Automotive Diesel Engine Technology (Diesel Fitter) and UEE33011 Certificate III in Electrical Fitting (Electrical Fitter).
- Applications Close 28th October 2018
- Apprenticeships commenced 29th January 2019
Applicants must be available for
- Eoz testing - 5th to 7th November 2018
- Interviews - 12th to 16th November 2018
- Pre-employment medicals - 19th to 30th November 2018
Apprentices will be supported through:
- 18 weeks of off the job training in the first 9 months
- 12 weeks of work placement in a variety of local businesses
- A four year program of continued mentoring support
- Have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical including drug & alcohol testing
- Hold a current NT C Class Drivers license (Probationary minimum)
- Have completed Year 12 (desirable)
*Aboriginal and Female applicants are encouraged to apply